Welcome to the Three Counties League Competition, which is a friendly competition between the clubs in Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire in Foil and Epee.
There are 7 clubs currently involved, which are:
- Luton Sword - www.lutonsword.co.uk
- Milton Keynes - mkfencing.org.uk
- St. Albans - www.sa-fc.org.uk
- Watford - www.watfordfencingclub.co.uk
- Salle Hadalin (Stevanage/Hatfield) - hertsfencingclub.weebly.com
- Dacorum (Hemel Hempstead) - dacorum-fencing.co.uk
The format and rules of the league are as follows:
- Each team will fence all others both home and away (This year this may be waived).
- Matches will be in foil and epee, and must be run on electrics.
- Electic foil should use lame bibs.
- If both teams do not have the relevant kit for this, please can the captains agree the approach on the day? You have a referee, and your discretion – it should not be hard to agree that either the bib are counted or discounted, and that fencers should be honest.
- When a team is hosting a match, they MUST put out a team of AT LEAST 6 fencers (minimum of 3 in each weapon).
- All bouts will be ‘first to 5’ NOT ‘relay’ as this format is more practical for club evenings.
At the end of the season there are 3 trophies awarded:
Foil Trophy – for the most number of victories in foil.
Epee Trophy – for the most number of victories in epee.
League Trophy – total greatest number of victories.
For our current league fixtures, please see the club calendar and anyone interested in taking part, please get in touch with Captain our team captain.