Details of the BFC Beginner's Courses
Courses for Foil are run on Tuesday nights from 7:30pm to 9:30pm for 8 weeks - Twice a year February and September also a Sabre course may be run once a year. The cost is £75 for an 8 week course with all equipment provided.
- You need to be moderately fit and agile in order to maximise your enjoyment and reduce the risk of injury.
- Warming up - we always start with a warm up.
- All necessary equipment and protective clothing is provided
- You will need to wear a T-shirt, indoor training shoes and jeans or loose fitting trousers such as tracksuit bottoms. NO SHORTS.
- Proper hydration is very important. There is a water fountain at the Bunyan Centre and a vending machine for drinks.
- For all ages from 12.
- Courses are not available to wheelchair users, we do not have the equipment for this.
- For further information Fencing or British Fencing Association
Payment should be made in advance of the course via GoCardless.
Important: Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Refunds are not normally available within 7 days of the start of the course. Therefore if you drop out after the start of the course, for any reason, you are unlikely to get a refund. This is due to high demand for the courses as you would be denying somebody else a place.
Coaches are fully qualified - Contact via the contact page.
The course includes learning the basics of fencing with a foil including the safety requirements. The last three weeks will include integration with other club fencers in foil, epee and sabre fencing.