Silvia fences all 3 weapons and competes at international level for GB for the British Veterans Assocation.
As Club Secretary Silvia’s duties include:
- Arranging Committee Meetings and the Annual General Meeting;
- Maintaining Membership Records and dealing with correspondence.
- Liaising with other committee members and coaches to ensure the smooth running of the Club.
- Ensuring that arrangements for meeting legal requirements are in place and up to date eg Public Liability Insurance, Disclosure and Barring Checks.
- Liaising with external bodies, e.g. British Fencing Association, Bedford Borough Council re Sports Activities, Sporting Awards and other general correspondence as required.
Silvia started fencing when working in London and became Kent Champion. She moved in 1981 and had 20 years off before joining the British Veterans.
She represented GB in the Veterans for the first time in 2002 and since then has fenced in 15 World Championships. Her first International Medal was in 2005 with a Commonwealth Team Gold in Sabre.
Since then she has won 3 World Bronze Sabre Medals, and Gold in European Sabre twice. In 2014 she gained a Last 8 in Epee. In 2017 she fenced in the Home Natios match in Dublin and was part of the gold medal winning England team. She gained two Bronze medals in the European Championships, in epee and sabre.